My ears on friendship

Posted by LeonnieFM at 10:13 AM

We don't talk much, me and Nila. Gosh, she's that kind who will disappear in 6 months and call you almost midnight and say “Hi... I'm in this deserted island somewhere on the map but too tiny to see.”


And of course, when she IM-ed me today and then call on the generosity of the United Nation, she said she is now in Kathmandu for the last few months trying to save the world with the peace keeping mission.

She's a wonder woman who does real things in helping others including for me when I needed helps. I never actually feel far from her no matter how far she is located.

She's my best friend. I met her in one of my previous work. Hard to describe her, really. She's tiny, she's fast and smart. Her mind and her feet are on a race to something or maybe away from something. I do not understand her completely. I just accept her.

Time would not allow us to talk about the latest fashion collection or the best skin treatment. Time only allowed us to give a quick update on each other then we would exchange strengthening words and prayers. We didn't even have time on our side to elaborate those prayers. We usually just said, “Ah that shit is too little to knock you down, I know you know what to do.” Then we will close the conversation saying, “I'm your family, OK bitch! Call me when you need me.” There, our friendship is now harder than ever.

I've been wanting to write something about friendship for the last couple of week when I saw a re-run of Friends on Star World. I don't know what's the title of the episode I watched, it was the one with Phoebe saying that one of her wish before she reached 30 was to have a wonderful kiss. Then she got the kiss from Joey who ran after her to make sure his friend got what she wished for.

What amazed me was Joey did it quite instantly, almost without thinking and without too many unnecessary blah blah. Joey lived in a fantasy New York.

To have friends who sincerely care and unhesitatingly do anything to make you happy should not be a fantasy.

Life is so precious and there are so many things we should be grateful about. Life should be more appreciated by not complaining to little things, among other things. To have a friendship strong enough like Joey and Phoebe's needs us to give time to the friendship. In time we will learn about each other then accepting one another. Valuing time also means we should prioritized between listening and talking. Make sure we have time to listen so stop talking once in awhile.

(article made on July 4, 2008 previously posted in my tumblr)

1 comments:

Bubba said...

seems like someone need a kiss badly :)