Lunching with the angels - a mother's journal

Posted by LeonnieFM at 1:22 PM

Since we moved to the new home, an apartment unit 1 floor above my office, on August 2 2008 , I have lunched at home more than I used to in 1 year. The lure for having lunch at home are 3 gorgeous angels by the name of Jeremiah Indigo Divine (Igo), Zipporah Imogen Divine (Immi) and the sweet Malachi Illarion Divine (Ilya).

My lunch will not be as comfortable as sitting in a restaurant which are growing like fungus around the area. Those angels will be literally sitting on me. Igo will be at my legs, Immi usually seats on my knees and Ilya on my lap. If I came when they also having theirs, they will soon leave their own lunch and prefer mine. I think that might be a bad habit but why should I ditch them for having fun with their own mom.

Igo loves to eat. Igo loves to eat he will check whatever we're eating. Igo will stand in front of us, or should I say in front of our plate if we had fried tempe. We didn't encourage him to eat it until we found out he likes it more than french fries. Seems like Igo loves local culinary.

Last long weekend of the Independence day, I gotta spent it without the help of my kids' nanny. But the angels won't be called the angels if they were not behave like one. They were all sweet, happy & cheerful, manageable to quote from the nanny. Our little home were filled with a lot of laughter more than usual. Each of their menaces was every reason to smile.

Immi ran to her dad's computer & play with the keyboard. She's now with a habit of repeating every word she hears.
Mommy: "Imogen........"
(to call her like this instead of just Immi is a sign that she's not allowed to do whatever she's doing)
Immi: "Monkey!"
(she recently got a toy-laptop which could help her to study alphabet, M stands for Monkey in it, and she pronounces it as Mogen)


Life has not been any easier this year, so does work. The angels keep me going and feel strong. Every crazy effort I made were all just worthy.

We took the kids for a second dinner at a food stall. Immi refused to sit & eat her pancake because she preferred to stare at the stall's banner with Goofy picture on it. She kept on calling it "Migy" (for Mickey Mouse which she mistakenly recognized)

God made them for me, God must be in love with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful family. I certainly can't have lunch with the girls (yet), as well as dinner. They still have their own schedules and ways. Perhaps I have to wait until they get bigger *LOL*

greytfriend said...

I think you will save money, eat healthier and increase the joy in the world - give my love to The Divines!