Bend It In The Name of Love

Posted by LeonnieFM at 11:52 AM

I believe many people hold this one particular principle of keeping one's words. To keep promises or to do what said. Everybody or at least most people think it is part of a person's credibility so they expect other people to hold the same principal.


Skepticism aside, many also think that to help others a person should be able to at least help her/him self. Their basic needs should have been fulfilled. I too love to help others and wish to be able to help more but before I extend my hands, I will make sure my family is secured with their (at least) basic needs.

We are people of principles are we not?
When we promised a hungry man that he will receive 2 pieces of bread, we would bring him 2 pieces of bread. You came back to him bringing 2 pieces of bread and an empty stomach of yours. You could help him with 2 pieces of bread but you would be hungry and maybe you could get sick for not eating too. BUT HELL... YOU PROMISED HIM 2 PIECES OF BREAD! You are a man of your words.

I was promised of 2 pieces of bread. I did not have anything to get myself any bread at the moment. The man who promised me 2 pieces of bread came back hungry with 2 promised pieces of bread and asked to share the breads. BUT HELL... I WAS PROMISED 2 PIECES OF BREAD!

My other principle is to follow my heart. Be true to myself. And I failed. I failed when all of those principles collided on a cross road somewhere along my life line. My heart said I should let the man divided the breads between the 2 hungry people. Instead I followed one principle and made the man keep his words.

What would you do? How tough are you to stand a principle In the ancient or even the modern time, many open wars in many scales on the ground of principles. As if with one you are without guilt.

I have many principles in life and I dare to stand them. One principle colliding experience had told me there should be one principle stands above many others and that is compassion. And when compassion needs to be shown, one should do it unhesitatingly. At the risk of irritating you, I must add that The Lord Himself felt the necessity to rule this very line by sending His own son so we learn that there is only one principle in life. Love.

So now I will change my question; how far will you bend your principle in the name of love?

3 comments:

Fajar Jasmin said...

Except for one thing, Hon. I believe it should be "principle" instead of "principal"... :) hihihihi

LeonnieFM said...

waaaaaaaa... my bad, my bad.. damn, can't find strike through in blogger format! OK simply fix it (but with different font size)

Fajar Jasmin said...

Just use default windows shortcut, doll. Ctrl + K, I believe... :)