Yes, I have problem with that band

Posted by LeonnieFM at 2:03 PM

Music has always been my favorite companion. So when unquote gave a gift of a features-packed MP3 Player, it instantly became my best friend. The ear buds really shut me out of the morning noise of Boulevard Raya Kelapa Gading on my way and back from office.

I packed everything pleasing to my ears from Chris Brown to Michael Buble, 3 Doors Down to Rammstein, Kosheen to Mika, Daughtry to INXS or U2, and of course I could manage to squeeze in my favorite classical number of Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No.3 and Haydn's Symphony No.8. These last two numbers are my favorite not only to walk but also to do my private business in the toilet. I call as it my private cultural moment.

My music taste is not special. It's rather common, in my opinion. I, however, am very poor concerning local music. Then again, it is about taste. Very few could indulged my ears nor my heart. And many failed to escape my scolding for their courage to call whatever they wrote as music.

One afternoon few minutes before I could happily wrap my day at office for not having much to do, a colleague was having a conversation about what she called music and she made a very brave statement that she knows music from most people (in office).
It was really a shocking statement to hear because she is not unquote with his mind-fucked playlist. Her playlist consists Kangen Band, Ungu and some second graded progressives.
Her statement was rather insulting to my cultural taste.

After a line (or maybe two) denial about not having any problem to the band and their tunes, she called her own cellphone from the landline and on the speakers too. Her ring back tone is that horrible sound from the-not-so-selling-band's-name. I immediately admit at the feet of my almighty and before the eyes of my fellow plurkers that I do have problems with that band and their courage to call whatever that was as music.

She has her taste alright, not sense. True, very true.
Playing Yoyo Ma's Cello Concerto or maybe even Alicia Keys's No One will not help to tell her that she is senseless in term of music.
So I continue wrapping my day at the office. Plug my ears with "Down with the sickness" from Disturbed. Beside, my dearest husband was already downstair with his own MP3 Player, probably playing Depapepe's Summer Parade.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, what a taste :D